My sister is a breath of fresh Spring air- she’s adorable, outgoing, feminine, stylish, and my hero in many ways. As the matron of honor for her upcoming wedding, I was delighted to collaborate with the bridesmaids and throw a simple but lovely Spring shower for my big sis. I’m no stranger to weddings, but we all were CLUELESS about throwing a bridal shower. Planning a shower is not so intimidating once you break it down and delegate jobs according to each bridesmaid’s talents and gifts.
- We knew we needed a theme- Spring. Done.
- We knew we needed a color palette- fresh grass green, pure white and shades of girly pinks.
- Location- maid of honor’s beautiful home in Newport Beach.
- Food- Light, fresh, California fare. Everything I contributed was organic and all-natural (me and my sister are on an organic kick. Jenny has now surpassed me by making her own cleaning products. I’m not THAT hardcore!)
- Games- Not my forte, so we let the two elementary school teachers of the group come up with those!
- Decor- Lots of cheerful spring flowers in apothecary jars, including ranunculus, hydrangea, roses, viburnum and cutesy gerbera daisies scattered all over the house.